12. Styles and custom settings¶
Cerebro provides a set of tools to flexibly customize the interface to suit the needs of the end user. Under the Cerebro/Styles … main menu item you can bring up the color palette setup window:
This window allows you to set the style of windows, choose fonts and colors of various interface elements. Elements are basically divided into two groups:
- related to the application – standard window interface elements (buttons, input fields, pop-up lists, etc.);
- additional elements – Cerebro specific graphical components (message painting, progress line and etc.).
In the standard Cerebro package several color schemes are available, you can choose one of them from the drop down list of Presets. In addition, you can add and edit your own set of parameters.
Other user settings of the Cerebro client module are configured in the dialogue window, opened by menu item Cerebro/Options … main menu.
Current window contains three tabs, on the first tab the main settings are configured.
- parameter for minimizing Cerebro to system tray after close button was pressed;
- parameter for displaying new Cerebro events at the pop-up bubble near tray icon;
- Cerebro main window automatic update frequency;
- download mode for media sketches (automatic / manual);
- parameter for force-uploading while working with network storages;
- actions applied to files after downloading them from a remote storage;
- debug level (default 0) – defines the level of console output during work (mainly intended for debugging and diagnosing errors).
- parameter for displaying debug columns in Cerebro tables (used for debugging purposes).
The second window tab allows to configure the way Cerebro main window content is displayed.
- forum avatars position settings (aligned to the left, to the right, centered, hidden);
- forum avatars scaling;
- date format used for forums and other windows.
The third window tab contains additional options.
- storage time for viewed tasks history;
- the amount of stored parent tasks in calendar list ( see section “Calendar”);
- parameter for whether sub-tasks are taken into account while sorting tasks in Navigator and other windows;
- the way to automatically determine default message type while posting on forums (by user permissions or remember the last choice);
- date format for exporting to spreadsheets;
- parameter for including attitional header info (project name, etc) into exported spreadsheets;
- Selecting an action after the export to a spreadsheet.
12.1. Style examples¶